Can you get your website on the first page of Google for the keyword you have chosen? Few novices think they can make it on their own. If you are willing to take the time to learn, a goal such as this one is attainable. There are a number of strategies you need to employ so as to give your website the topmost search engine ranking. Read on to discover them.
Come up with SEO goals
If you want to move from zero traffic to thousands of web visitors each day, you have to set up smart goals. Growing this quickly is not an overnight affair. It is an outcome of goal setting, hard work, determination and patience. As you create new goals, think about your current abilities with relations to SEO. What things can you do really well? If you have no expertise or knowledge, are you willing to hire someone? Just ensure that your goals speak about you and your talents, skills, expertise and so on.
Have a duly registered domain Name
Once a domain name is registered, it cannot be altered. Hence, you need to think carefully not to choose a domain name that you might change later on. It will be costly to register another domain name and very hard to restore your previous traffic. Ensure that you do pick a blog that:
- Directly relates to your services, product or content.
- Is short, brief, concise and easy to remember.
- Has a keyword that could benefit your SEO efforts.
Note that a domain name needs renewal every year, mostly.
Create a blog with CMS-based platform
There are many blogging platforms out there. However, you must pick a platform that is ideal for your website. It should:
- Offer a CMS service.
- Be easy to manipulate when doing onsite SEO.
- Picked by many webmasters as well.
- Secure and easy to install.
- Designed for blogging.
- Free or from open source as that guarantees frequent improvement by the community.
- Plenty of great plugins
Choose a great webhost
As explained by John Mooney of New York Designed SEO Company, some novice webmasters fail to reach their SEO goals because of the inconvenience caused by their web hosts. If you are consistently having downtimes, it is time to walk out on your host. Continuing to use them might interfere with how your website gets noticed from search engines.
Look for the following when selecting a suitable host:
- Popularity online – Are there many customers talking about the host?
- Paid account – Though a free web hosting service may save you from spending, it does not guarantee server uptime of ninety-nine percent. It will ruin even the amount of traffic you have now.
- Various hosting options – The best for a starter like you, perhaps, is shared hosting. But you will do great with a dedicated hosting that will be totally yours.
You may want to read more about how web hosting works.